The specific time period of any solar or lunar eclipse is known as grahan kaal. Any eclipse whether it solar or lunar, it creates deep effect on mankind and nature whether scientifically or spiritually. To get rid of the adverse effects of the eclipse precautions should be taken. So the question arise in everyone’s mind what to do and what not to do during this eclipse time period. The last solar eclipse of the year is happening on 26th December 2019 on Thursday in Moola nakshatra in Sagittarius sign. The timing of the eclipse will be as mentioned:
India: 8:06 a.m. IST (December 26, 2019) through 10:52 a.m. IST same day.
Singapore: 11:27 a.m. (December 26, 2019) through 3:18 p.m. same day.
New York: 10:43 p.m. EST on Christmas Day (December 25, 2019) through 2:01 a.m. on Boxing Day (December 26, 2019)
Los Angeles: 7:43 p.m. through 11:01 p.m. PST on Christmas Day (December 25, 2019)
London: 3:43 a.m. through 7:01 a.m. GMT on Boxing Day (December 26, 2019)
Starting of Eclipse to end of Eclipse time is known as punya kaal (Time of Good deeds, Virtue, Sacred). The total time duration of this punya kaal is 02:45:57.
Mentioning some rules and rituals which are prescribed by Vedas and Purana Knowledge of Master Yogesh and should be performed in order to gain fruits of good deeds and some precautions what not to do during this eclipse to get rid of its adverse effects.
- Pregnant women should not go outside their house because the negative energy has high impact during the eclipse and that crates impact on the child inside the womb.
- During eclipse don’t involve in any kind of sexual activity and not any kind of body waste should be released. Conceive in this period is bad thing.
- Don’t take alcohol and non-vegetarian food (meat, beef, chicken), if you do so you will get inauspicious results. You should avoid taking meals and drinking water during eclipse time and should do Fasting during that time. if possible then fill your water tank with new water after eclipse is over.
- In skandapuraan it is mentioned that you should not take meals of any other person, it destroys fruits of good deeds of past 12 years.
- Give food to cattle, grains to birds, clothes to needy people increases accumulated fruits of good deeds in multiples.
- Reciting maha mrityunjay mantra, gayatri mantra, Aditya hriday stotra and mantras given by the gurus are very auspicious and gives 1000 times’ good results and fruits of good deeds to the native.
- You should not watch eclipse with naked eyes. Smoking, Bad karmas, bad thoughts, telling lie should be avoided.
- After the eclipse you should sprinkle gangajal (holy water) in all the rooms of your house or Burn camphor in House to get rid of negative energies.
- It is advisable not to take food 4 prahar (Prahar means duration of three hours) before surya grahan (solar eclipse), 3 prahar before Chandra grahan (lunar eclipse). How over this rule is not applied to children, elderly person and those who are sick and ailing. Such person can take food 1 prahar before start of the eclipse.
- During the eclipse one should not touch the idols of god, tulsi plant and shami tree.
- Before the eclipse starts, some durva grass on the eatables and pooja place should be placed and keep them close. This grass is believed to keep the negative energy away from the foods and other stuffs.
- Spending time in reading holy books, chanting mantras, engaging in other religious activities and spiritual works is considered auspicious during the eclipse.
- It is mentioned in the Devi bhagvat that if one digs or tills the land during an eclipse, there will be disastrous consequences in the next birth.
- Do not start a new project or a task, do not commence any auspicious ceremony or ritual during the eclipse.
- Astrologers should not done any kind of chart and face reading during the Eclipse time.
- Burn Candle or Diya and Ask Forgiveness to your God for your mistakes and bad karma in this life and Pray to your god and say “All negative energies, obstacles and blockages in my life goes with eclipse”
- You should take bath before start of Solar Eclipse and After end of Solar eclipse. it is really good.